Call Us Today:
(902) 421-1523

Job Seekers FAQ
Simple Answers to Job Search Questions.

Select a category of questions:

I am currently on a temporary assignment.

How can I get more timesheets?

Additional timesheets may be requested by calling our office at (902) 421-1523. They can be mailed, scanned or faxed to your attention.

When do I submit my timesheet?

A timesheet must be filled out for each week of each assignment. At the end of the week, have the timesheet signed by your supervisor at the assignment. Signed timesheets must be in our office by Friday, preferably by 11:00am. You can fax a copy to (902) 425-8559 and mail the originals (white and yellow copies) to Supertemp.

How do I receive my pay?

Supertemp employees are paid weekly and can pick up their cheques on both Thursdays and Fridays in our office, between 8am and 5pm the week after they have worked, or employees can request to have their cheques mailed each Monday, following the week they have worked. By mailing them on Monday, you should receive your cheque via Canada Post by Friday. Any cheques that are not picked up by Friday will automatically be mailed. We do not offer direct deposit to our employees.

What payroll deductions can I expect?

Supertemp deducts according to federal and provincial law.

The official Canada Revenue Agency website provides details on Canadian Payroll regulations. You can visit the website by clicking here. Appropriate tax forms will be included in your information package you receive when you register. You can also download forms at any time to make changes to your tax requirements. Please make sure you submit your tax forms if you have any special tax allowances, such as education costs, dependents, pensions, etc. Please fill out both sides of the TD1 and the TD1NS. These sheets can be dropped off, faxed or mailed to our office and should be submitted as soon as you begin your first assignment.

Why haven’t I been paid?

If you haven’t received your cheque by Friday, our official pay day, you can call Georgie at (902) 421-1523 and she will be happy to assist you. You can also reach her at

My pay is not the right amount.

For any questions or difficulties regarding payroll, please call Georgie at (902) 421-1523, or contact her via email at

Which holidays will I be paid for and how do I qualify to be paid for them?

The statutory holidays in Nova Scotia are New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day and Christmas Day. You must work 15 out of the 30 days immediately before the holiday, plus work the last available shift prior to the holiday and the first available shift after the holiday in order to qualify for the statutory holiday pay.

Is there any charge to register with Supertemp?

No. Supertemp’s services are completely free of charge to candidates.

How do I get a letter confirming my employment for my landlord, bank, etc?

To obtain a confirmation of employment, please call Georgie at (902) 421-1523, or via email at Be sure to have the necessary details on hand (contact name, institution, address, etc).

I need a copy of my pay stub.

Please call our office at (902) 421-1523. One of our employees can email, fax or mail a copy of your pay stub to you.

How do I obtain my T-4?

T-4s are always mailed automatically to each of our employees at the end of February. If you have not received your T-4, please contact our office at (902) 421-1523. Please remember to update us with any change of address as soon as possible.

How do I obtain a record of my employment?

You may contact Georgie at (902) 421-1523 to request a record of employment. The ROE’s are filed online with Service Canada. Please provide your current mailing address and SIN.

Where do I submit address changes?

You may email your address change to or You can also call our office at (902) 421-1523.

What happens if I have an issue with my assignment?

Please call into our office at (902) 421-1523 before acting on the issue. One of our employees will be happy to assist you and address the situation with the employer on your behalf.

What can I do if I’m not happy with my temporary position?

Please call our office at (902) 421-1523 before acting on any issues you may have with an assignment. One of our employees will be happy to assist you and discuss the matter.

How do I register a complaint?

If you experience any problems on your assignment, please call our office at (902) 421-1523 to discuss the situation with one of our employees.

If I am injured on the job, what do I do?

If you have been injured on the job, please report the incident to your supervisor immediately and call our office at (902) 421-1523. It is imperative that you let us know, so that the proper documentation is filed with the Workers’ Compensation Board.

I have just finished a temporary assignment, how do I find a new assignment?

You may contact one of our employees to make sure we are aware your assignment is complete, and we can ensure you are considered for all current and new positions that come up. As soon as you know you are finishing an assignment, please contact the office to let us know. It will assist us in placing you for the following week.

I am currently seeking a temporary or permanent assignment.

What kinds of positions do you fill?

Supertemp fills temporary positions primarily in administration, including secretaries, receptionists, administrative assistants, executive assistants and office managers.

Through Peapell & Associates, we also fill full-time, permanent positions in administration, accounting, finance, sales, marketing, management and IT.

How do I apply for a position?

For temporary positions, please send your resume to If you’d like to apply for permanent positions, please send your resume to

What is involved in the application process?

Once you’ve completed an application, or have sent us your resume, if we feel your skills and experience are a match for our clients, will invite you in for an interview. You will be questioned by two separate consultants about your work experience, skills, gaps in employment and reasons for leaving previous jobs. We will then conduct reference checks, and depending on the position, we may also administer skills testing.

How often should I contact your office after an interview?

We will personally contact you as we uncover positions that match your skills and interests.

What if I am not interested in a certain position when it is offered; it is all right to turn it down?

Not every job is going to meet the expectations you have. If you are not interested in a position, you are free to decline. We will continue to offer positions to you based on your skills and preferences.

What do I pay for your services?

Nothing. Our placement services are provided at no fee to candidates.

Have a question not answered above?

Please contact Supertemp and we will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.